- Full reportDownload File (PDF) 8.4 MB
- Response from Investment NSW to the reportDownload File (PDF) 215 KB
About the report
The Innovation and Productivity Council’s (IPC) report, Global talent wars: Learning from locations that attract the bestDownload File (PDF) 8.4 MB explores international strategies used to attract and retain exceptional talent to inform effective local policies and programs.
In this report, the IPC:
- Explores why talent matters for economic growth
- Analyses how we compare internationally on the movement of talent and global workers’ experiences, and motivations for entering and leaving Australia and New South Wales (NSW)
- Highlights areas where NSW performs well in attracting and retaining highly skilled talent and identifies areas where we can improve
- Provides information on international strategies used to attract and retain exceptional talent to inform effective local policies and programs
- Makes 3 recommendations for government to attract and retain highly skilled talent.
The IPC hopes this report begins discussion on how NSW can attract the very best international talent to address skills shortages and support key growth industries.
Response from Investment NSW to the report
Investment NSW is working to implement the recommendations provided by the IPC's report. Read the Global Talent Action PlanDownload File (PDF) 215 KB to see the initiatives that are planned or have already been implemented.