International Landing Pad
Coming soon to the NSW innovation ecosystem, the International Landing Pad (ILP) is dedicated to support overseas scaling technology businesses to establish in NSW. It is a dedicated co-working space designed to provide a soft landing for businesses from overseas to kickstart their venture in Australia.
The ILP will be located within the Sydney Startup Hub , in the heart of Sydney – Australia’s innovation capital. The Sydney Startup Hub occupies 17,000 square metres of space across 11 floors under one roof and is currently home to about 400 startups.
NSW is Australia’s economic capital and the choice destination in Australia for businesses from overseas to call home. The NSW Government is committed to providing a conducive, world-class environment for businesses to develop, grow and thrive.
- Applications to access the NSW ILP will be opening soon
- Applications may be made at any time after the application portal goes live
- Eligible businesses can now submit an expression of interestExternal Link
- EOIs will be notified as soon as the ILP is launched and requested to submit a full application.
Amenities and benefits
Eligible technology businesses from overseas can access the following amenities:
- Up to three dedicated co-working desks in a secure space for four months
- Six video-conferencing enabled, corporate meeting rooms
- Four compact meeting rooms
- Printing and copying facilities
- Breakout/dining space
Additional benefits include:
- An easily accessible address for your business
- Opportunities to collaborate and network with like-minded entrepreneurs
- Monthly community events to engage with the local innovation ecosystem
- Connections to the local technology ecosystem and government connections
- Assistance with local market and investment opportunities
- Assistance with familiarisation and site visits
- Advice on NSW Government programs and approval processes
- Assistance with local market insights and investment opportunities
- Support with identifying suitable locations and partners in NSW
The ILP will be open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, except on public holidays.
Technology businesses that meet the following criteria can apply to access the ILP.
- Be legally registered and headquartered outside of Australia
- Have been in existence for at least one year, at the time of application
- Have at least five full-time, non-founder employees
- Have generated at least $5 million AUD in revenue within the last three years
- Be an entity with minimum 5 full-time, non-founder employees
- Be working in one of the following sectors:
- Digital Technology (Edtech; Enterprise applications and online platforms; FinTech; Regtech; AI and data services; Cyber security; Blockchain and Web3; VR, AR, and digital games; Quantum technologies; Semiconductors)
- Clean Economy and Resources (Critical minerals for clean economy; Circular economy)
- Defence Aerospace (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR); Space technology, Manufacturing and applications)
- Med Tech and Life Sciences (Bioinformatics and genomics; Digital health; RNA and cell therapies; Pharmaceuticals R&D and manufacturing; Medical devices and robotics)
- Agri Food (AgriTech (Robotics/IOT); Biotechnology for agriculture)
Note: Migrants, refugees and NSW university alumni tech business owners residing overseas can still submit an application if they do not meet all the listed criteria.
Who is not eligible?
- Businesses headquartered overseas and already established elsewhere in Australia, outside of NSW
- Businesses already headquartered in NSW
Residents of the ILP will be required to:
- Sign an Agreement detailing the Terms & Conditions of residency and abide by the provisions of the agreement
- Have a minimum of $20 million AUD of public liability insurance cover
- Host/participate in at least one community event and cover minimal associated catering cost.
Frequently asked questions
Read our frequently asked questions
Sign up to the NSW startup community
Connect and engage with other founders, and discover the latest innovation events, programs and resources.