Edtech to India
Eligible businesses can apply for free support to deliver education, training, learning and development technologies to India. Applications closed on 24 October 2021.
October 2021 to March 2022
Didac IndiaExternal Link (Virtual) - Asia’s largest and India’s premier educational resource, training and tech-based conference for all levels and sectors across education and training (1-3 December 2021).
Why this market
The education industry in India is booming.
- The market is projected to reach US$ 225 billion by 2025.
- The youth population is significant with over 580 million individuals aged between 5 and 24, which will require the country to establish 200,000 schools, 35,000 colleges, 700 universities and 40 million seats in the vocational training sector to meet demand.
- The Indian Government’s Skill India Mission has an ambitious target of imparting job-skills to 500 million people by 2022.
- National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 sets out an ambition agenda to transform India’s education system by 2040 to power the transformation of India into a knowledge economy
The opportunities in the Edtech and online education market are also significant.
- The Edtech market alone is expected to reach US$10.4bn by 2025, up from US$2.8bn in 2020.
- The ongoing pandemic has shifted education delivery online at all levels, including in the K-12, higher education, VET and corporate learning subsectors.
- India’s National Digital Literacy Mission has established new regulations to encourage online delivery.
- India’s EdTech ecosystem is an emerging global giant where invested capital is expected to surpass the US investment market in the next few years
Participation requirements and success factors
Eligibility for the overall Program
- Have headquarters in NSW
- Be export-capable and export-ready
- Have a valid ABN (Australian Business Number) registered for NSW
- Have a commercial product or service
- Have a website featuring the product or service (marketing and promotional costs might be reimbursed through the NSW Export Assistance GrantExternal Link )
- Be prepared to adapt the product or service for the market
- Have a product or service that is produced primarily in NSW
- Be willing to travel to Sydney for events and to the selected market (where and when COVID-19 restrictions permit travel), and must cover their own travel expenses
- Not be considered a trader (meaning the Program is for businesses that produce and add value in NSW)
Additional eligibility requirements for this stream
- Have between 5 and 199 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Market-ready product or service
- Funding or revenue to support market expansion to India
- Demonstrated growing customer base in Australia
The ideal candidate
- Clear value proposition and USP relevant to the India market
- Proven capability domestically or globally (customer-base, proven technology, pre-existing exporter)
- Clearly defined business model (e.g. B2B, B2C or B2B2C)
- Products most in-demand include reskilling and online certifications, tutoring, language coaching, exams preparation, gamified and mobile learning modules, and corporate training including modules focused on subject matter/domain skill development
- Pitch training: How to craft your pitch
- Intellectual Property Protection webinars
Market intelligence briefings and cultural training
- Introduction to education ecosystem and doing business in India.
- Market briefing and sector/market specific opportunities for exporters
- Introduction to market specific business culture and etiquette
Industry opportunities, potential partner introductions and business matching
- Voice of Customer sessions where you’ll hear direct from actual customers in your target sessions to learn about the trends in the market and their criteria when assessing prospective products and/or services
- Interactions with companies in the edtech ecosystem, incubators and accelerator partners.
- Support for virtual attendance at in-market trade show
- Potential partner introductions
- Targeted 1:1 business matching
In-market assistance and logistical support
- Introduce the delegates to scale up partners, market of consumers and investors in India.
- A virtual mission to India for Didac India, a popular edtech event to interact with companies and institutions
- Specialised NSW Government support led by Investment NSW onshore and in-market Trade and International teams
Program debrief, ongoing advice and follow up
- Ongoing support provided by dedicated NSW Government team
*curriculum subject to change / may be updated.
Applications have closed
Applications closed on Sunday 24 October 2021.