Edtech to the United Kingdom
Eligible businesses can apply for free support to deliver education, training, learning and development technologies to the United Kingdom. Applications have now closed.
November 2022 to May 2023
Bett UKExternal Link , (29-31 March 2023)
Why this market
The UK is one of the leading countries in the global EdTech movementExternal Link . The unprecedented need for remote learning driven by the COVID-19 pandemic saw the UK’s EdTech industry grow by 72%External Link in 2020. It is estimated that UK schools already spend around £900 million a year on educational technology, a figure that is anticipated to grow with the adoption of blended learning that has followed COVID-19 restrictions.
Home to the largest EdTech industry in Europe, the UK attracts 41% of all investment in educational technology across Europe. In 2021, With a thriving ecosystem that stretches from London to Northern Ireland and encompasses opportunity across AI, Cloud-based Learning Management Systems and cyber security, there has never been a better time for EdTech in the UK.
- Pitch training: How to craft your pitch
- Intellectual Property Protection webinars
- Winning your first UK customer
Market intelligence briefings and cultural training
- Market briefing and market specific opportunities for EdTechs
- Introduction to the UK’s business culture and etiquette
- Introduction to the UK’s education ecosystem and doing business in the UK.
- Support with participation at Bett tradeshow with in-market assistance and logistical support from Investment NSW
- Business matching and networking opportunities with potential customers and partners.
In-market assistance, ongoing advice and follow up
- Ongoing support provided by a dedicated NSW Government Export Adviser.
Note: The curriculum is subject to change.
Participation requirements and success factors
Eligibility for the overall Program
- Have headquarters in NSW
- Be export-capable and export-ready
- Have between 3 and 199 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Have a valid ABN (Australian Business Number) registered for NSW
- Have a commercial product or service
- Have a website featuring the product or service
- Be prepared to adapt the product or service for the market
- Have a product or service that is produced primarily in NSW
- Be willing to travel to Sydney for events and to the selected market (where and when COVID-19 restrictions permit travel), and must cover their own travel expenses
- Not be considered a trader (meaning the Program is for businesses that produce and add value in NSW)
Additional eligibility requirements for this stream
- Market-ready product or service
- Funding or revenue to support market expansion to United Kingdom
- Demonstrated growing customer base in Australia
The ideal participant
- Clear value and selling proposition relevant to the Indonesia market
- Proven capability domestically or globally (for example, an established customer-base, proven technology)
- Clearly defined business model (for example, B2B, B2C or B2B2C)
- Ideally have customers selling internationally
Businesses not eligible for this stream
- Previous participants of the Going Global Export Program ‘Tech to the UK’
How to apply
Applications have now closed and successful applicants will be notified of the outcome around 22 November 2022.
Note: Apply for your preferred market - you can apply for and participate in only 1 stream.