Cyber Security to the United Kingdom
Eligible businesses can apply for free support to export cyber security products and services to the UK. Applications closed on 5 March 2023.
April to June 2023
London Tech WeekExternal Link , 12-16 June 2023.
In-person attendance at the event is required.
Why this market
A global leader in cyber security with the largest market in Europe, the UK provides an exceptional pipeline of talent and investment opportunities. In 2020, the sector was worth 8.9 billion GBP.
The UK provides significant opportunities for all businesses involved in the industry. The market is diverse, with provisions ranging from cyber professional services to endpoint and mobile security. There’s also government support for growth of early-stage companies and funding for collaborative R&D.
UK cyber security has a diverse range of applications - from financial services, retail and healthcare to connected devices, infrastructure and transport. There are plentiful business opportunities, driven by the rapid growth in the UK and global cyber security markets.
The UK has strong investment from established global cyber companies such as Sophos, BT and Titania. This is combined with support for SMEs and start-ups through the Cyber Growth Partnership.
- Welcome session – around 4 April (TBC)
- Introduction to the Cyber Security ecosystem and doing business in the UK
- Access to 13 self-serve factsheets developed by the Export Council of Australia exclusively for Going Global participants
- Access to Intellectual Property protection briefings from IP Australia
Market intelligence and cultural training
- Market briefing and sector-specific opportunities
- Market specific business culture
- Regulatory requirements
Preparation to meet potential partners/customers
- Winning your first customer workshop
- Mentoring or pitch training if required
Potential partner search and introductions
- In-person participation at tradeshow – with In-market assistance and logistical support from Investment NSW
- Identification of potential partners
- Introductions to (or ‘Interactions with’) companies in the ecosystem, potential scale up partners, investors
Ongoing advice and follow up
- Ongoing support provided by a dedicated NSW Government Export Adviser.
Note: The curriculum is subject to change.
Participation requirements and success factors
Eligibility for the overall Program
- Have headquarters in NSW
- Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) registered for NSW
- Be export-capable and export-ready
- Have an employee number between 3 and 199 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- The product or service must be produced primarily in NSW
- The product or service is achieving sales already
- Have a website featuring the product or service
- Be prepared to adapt the product or service for the new market
- Be flexible regarding market-entry method
- Have resources to support marketing and development for a new market
- Be willing to travel to the selected market (where and when travel is permitted) and/or to Sydney for events, and must cover own travel expenses
Note this program is designed for NSW businesses who produce and own their own brand. This program is not for aggregators, traders, or businesses who sell services to exporters.
Additional eligibility requirements for this stream
- Funding or generating revenue to support UK market expansion
- Clear pathway to profitability or already a profitable business
- Have already identified potential customers and partners in the UK or Europe
- Commitment to setting up in the UK in the next 12-18 months
The ideal participant
- Has a unique and innovative Cyber product
- Has a compelling proposition for the UK market
- Has already investigated if there is a product-market fit for the UK market
- May already have some enquiries/leads in the UK market
- May have an employee already in the UK
- Has global business experience
Businesses not eligible for this stream
- Previous Going Global Program participants “to the United Kingdom”
Register now for the webinar on Wednesday 15 February 2023 from 5:00-5:45pm AEST. The webinar will be hosted by AISA.
How to apply
Applications closed on 5 March 2023.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome around 20 March.
Note: Apply for your preferred market - you can apply for and participate in only one stream.