The COVID-19 TechVoucher program provided support funding for technology-rich startups, scaleups or small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to collaborate with Publicly Funded Research Organisations (PFROs).
Successful applicants could accelerate the commercialisation of innovative R&D products and services that address the many health and economic disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Activities that were funded by TechVouchers included:
- access to research facilities and equipment such as electron microscopes, medical imaging, and other PRFO delivery partner facilities
- product or process design, such as engineering or technical design expertise to determine prototype structure, function or materials
- validating or demonstrating technical capabilities of a product, process or technology including clinical trials and in-market validation
- funding toxicology studies on materials that could be incorporated into a new product
- testing and certification for supply of products
- enhancing existing product capabilities or enabling entry to international markets.