Expert Council set to support NSW investment growth
Investment NSW has brought together eminent industry and business leaders across global markets and priority sectors to help identify, connect and advise the NSW Government on NSW and international investment opportunities.
Investment NSW CEO Amy Brown said collaboration with the new voluntary Investment Attraction Council (IAC), overseen by the agency, will enable a focus on delivery of the highest value opportunities to drive economic growth.
“A laser-like focus on pursuing the strongest investment opportunities will boost our economic recovery and drive job opportunities across the state,” Ms Brown said.
“These eminent leaders bring globally significant reputations and relationships, expertise in investment across focus industries and sectors, and are internationally connected, with experience in key investment and trade markets.”
Chaired by Geoff Roberts AM, Chief Commissioner, Greater Cities Commission, the Council’s membership reflects the diversity of the NSW economy, with a range of industries represented including regional industries:
- Robyn Denholm – Chair of Tesla; Chair of the Tech Council of Australia; Operating Partner, Blackbird Australia
- Barry Irvin AM – Executive Chair, Bega Cheese Ltd
- Daniel Petre AO – Founder, AirTree Ventures
- The Hon. Warwick Smith AO – Global Advisor on Trade & Investment to Investment NSW
- David Thodey AO – Chair of Tyro and Xero; Chair of the TechCentral Industry Advisory Group
- Jennifer Westacott AO – Chair of the Western Parkland City Authority; Chief Executive of the Business Council of Australia
- Shemara Wikramanayake – Managing Director and CEO, Macquarie Group
The Council will meet on a bi-monthly basis with the first meeting having taken place today, Friday 4 March 2022.