Water Management to Vietnam
Eligible businesses can apply for free support to export water-related technology, services and products to Vietnam. Excludes bottled or packaged water. Applications have closed.
March to September 2022
Investment NSW has partnered with the Australian Water Association to support NSW businesses on a virtual trade platform in Vietnam between March and September 2022.
Why this market
With a young, educated and bourgeoning workforce, Vietnam has been one of the fastest-growing economies in Asia, with 6% average annual growth 2011-20 (Fitch Solutions, 2022).
This rapid economic development has seen extensive urbanisation which, alongside unpredictable weather conditions has heightened Vietnam’s diverse demands for water infrastructure. Existing major water projects in Vietnam account for approximately AU$6.29 billion (as at January 2022) and the country’s water infrastructure sector is forecast to grow a further 7.2% in 2022 (Fitch Solutions, 2022).
Vietnam presents exciting opportunities for NSW water businesses in areas including water technology, supply infrastructure, waste-water management systems and facilities, and anti-flood infrastructure.
- Welcome session
Market intelligence briefings and cultural training
- Market briefing and subsector-specific opportunities
- Introduction to Vietnam’s water ecosystem and doing business in Vietnam
- Market specific business culture and etiquette
- Regulatory requirements (including IP)
Potential partner search and introductions
- Virtual participation on the Australian Water Association’s trade platform in Vietnam from March to September with in-market assistance and logistical support from Investment NSW
- Interactions with companies in Vietnam’s water ecosystem
- Potential additional partner introductions
Ongoing advice and follow up
- Ongoing support provided by a dedicated NSW Government Export Adviser
Note: The curriculum is subject to change.
Participation requirements and success factors
Eligibility for the overall Program
- Have headquarters in NSW
- Be export-capable and export-ready
- Have between 3 and 199 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Have a valid ABN (Australian Business Number) registered for NSW
- Have a commercial product or service
- Have a website featuring the product or service (marketing and promotional costs might be reimbursed through the NSW Export Assistance Grant)
- Be prepared to adapt the product for the market
- Have a product that is produced primarily in NSW
- Not be considered a trader (meaning the Program is for businesses that produce and add value in NSW)
Additional eligibility requirements for this stream
- Products or services commercialised successfully in the Australian market
The ideal participant
- Existing exporters
- Manufacturers or producers of water technology products i.e. water supply and treatment, waste-water management, anti-flood technology.
- Committed to pursuing opportunities in Vietnam
- Open minded and flexible regarding market-entry strategy
Businesses not eligible for this program
- NSW bottled or packaged water businesses
- NSW Going Global Export Program 2020-21 participants of ‘Tech to Vietnam’ participants
Applications opened on 7 February and closed on 9 March 2022.