About Investment NSW
We are the NSW Government’s economic development and investment attraction agency. We reinforce NSW as the most desirable place in the world to visit, study, invest and do business.
We make opportunities happen
It’s our role to deliver economic and social benefits for the people of NSW by growing the state’s economy so we can help to make NSW a prosperous, inclusive and a thriving global hub for business, innovation, talent, visitors and residents.
We achieve this by:
- boosting research and development
- fostering start-ups and innovations
- growing priority sectors and precincts
- attracting global investment and talent
- exporting to the world.
How we can help
When partnering with Investment NSW, we can support you in securing:
- payroll tax exemptions
- co-funding opportunities
- accelerated planning approvals
- long term leases of government-owned land
- streamlined regulation
- connections to rapidly growing global markets and assistance with growth and exports
- co-investment in skills development and training
- business and talent in connected and liveable places and precincts.
Chief Executive Officer
Amy Brown is the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Investment NSW and recently appointed Secretary of the new Department of Enterprise Investment and Trade. Before her appointment as CEO of Investment NSW, Amy was Deputy Secretary and head of the Strategy and Delivery group at the Department of Premier and Cabinet – a group formed to provide expert commercial, strategic and economic advice to the Premier on major and complex whole-of-government policies, programs and projects.
Amy was earlier a Partner in the Sydney office of PwC’s Infrastructure and Urban Renewal Business, with a practice that focused on social infrastructure and housing. She has also worked in infrastructure finance at NSW Treasury and as an infrastructure lawyer in several top tier law firms.
The leadership team includes:
- Lisa Braid, Chief Operating Officer
- Stewart Webster, Managing Director, Strategy and Performance
- Steve Cox, Chief Executive Officer, Destination NSW
- Professor Hugh Durrant-Whyte, NSW Chief Scientist and Engineer
- Michael Rodrigues, 24 Hour Economy Commissioner
- Kylie Bell, A/Managing Director, Trade and Investment
- Emma Peacock, Head of Net Zero Economy
- Eamon Waterford, Chief Adviser
Investment NSW is jointly responsible to the:
Investment NSW partners with key areas of the NSW Government to ensure the best possible investment outcomes for NSW.